We would like to thank everyone for their support in the fight to protect human rights. In just under 2 years, we have accomplished a lot.
- Our Education Town Hall brought different issues to light within our Clark County School District from state testing to the Assembly Bill AB496 School Reorganization Bill that was adopted in the 2018 legislation.
- We have lead multiple homeless outreach programs including collecting and distributing clothing, food and other necessities.
- We created a public service announcement aimed at fighting the stigma around suicide and mental health issues. Video: https://rightssociety.us/fightthestigma/.
- We co-led The Power of Justice: A Criminal Justice Discussion with elected officials, community members, and candidates.
- We are active members of the Coalition For a Just DA which includes 10+ organizations working towards criminal justice reform.
- We partnered with the Harrison House in the historic Westside to create a community garden and are actively seeking locations for future gardens.
- We are working with NV-CURE to finalize a comprehensive resource guide to assist people who have recently been released from prison to access the services they need to succeed.
- We have collected 10 boxes of used paperback books for NV-CURE to donate to Nevada prisons. We are still actively gathering paperback books for future donation.
Now, we are gearing up for many great things to come. In the meantime, we are taking a short summer hiatus on our regular Friday meetings until Rights Society’s two-year anniversary event in mid-September. Over the next few months Rights Society will continue to work on issues, support our ally organizations, and focus on our plans for the future.
While we are on hiatus, we still want to get together and discuss the issues and will be hosting some social events as falls:
Human Rights Social – July 27th – Location TBD
Human Rights Social – August TBD
Rights Society 2 Year Anniversary Event Mid-September TBD
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram @rightssociety and sign up for our newsletter www.rightssociety.us so you can be among the first to receive further details.
Thank you to all of our team leaders, volunteers, and partner organizations for working with us on the issues that directly impact our community. We look forwarding to seeing all of you this summer.